Wednesday, June 3, 2009

To Bretonnian or not Bretonnian


Nicholas, fellow ASBer and Bunker Denizen, has asked me to be his partner in the July Doubles Tournament and I have gladly accepted.

However he plays Empire and I am obsessed by all things greenskin. Being as stickler for fluff, I am considering dusting off my Bretonnian bad boys from long long ago and playing with them.

After tooling around a bit on Army Builder, I've come up with a list of two blocks of Knights of the Realm, a Paladin for a general, a Paladin with BSB and a Damsel of the Lady for some potential magic punch/healing. Of course that will likely change. Nicholas and I will likely take the general in one army and BSB in another.

I understand Brets can be a fairly Beardy army. Is there a way to build them so they are still fun to play against?

I have enough Bretonnians for the force. Here are the downsides:

- Focusing on the Brets would distract from readying my Gobs of Gobbos
- Brets are a bizitch to paint - but perhaps I could go for a simple paint schema.

I'm not planning on making Bretonnians my main army or anything. But since I have the models and have been unable to sell or even GIVE them away, I may as well use them.

No comments: