Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sick disgusting wonderful Ogreness

As you may or may not have heard through the Bunker grapevine, I bought a fat-gustingly huge fully-painted Ogre Kingdoms army from Sir Jeff yesterday -- ten seconds after I bought an Ogre Battalion (which is sweet -- cuz I'll need them all!)

Anyways, I almost immediately played against Jose with my 50-bull 2250 list and got my bootie handed to me on a silver platter by his High Elves. But I had fun. Jose is a very polite opponent and is interested in teaching you while you play.

I was a little bummed out. But then I sat down to hobby and started ogling my beautiful new army and I didn't care.

Two reasons why I think it was fun to lose last night:

1) I understand the Fantasy rules better now, so at least I understand why I lost. When I first started, I could barely keep up with my opponent.

2) It really was a learning experience.

3) It was a fast, short game! :P

Anyways, I'm looking forward to playing Jose again -- or whoever. Even a quick 1,000 point game would be terrific :)

No comments: