Friday, June 12, 2009

Father/Son Chaos vs. Counts throwdown


My son Isaac and I (aided by Tattoo Sam) played a game of Fantasy last night at the Bunker. Super fun. I played Warriors of Chaos with store models and he played Vampire Counts. We made hasty lists, which were roughly equivalent. It was 555 points each side.

I had a great time. Loved playing the Warriors of Chaos. They are pretty much like cheerleaders. They Bring It On!

Isaac had fun. I beat him -- but he's actually a better sport than me. He hearts Vampire Counts which is unfathomable to me cuz I think they are grody (for example, the Corpse Cart).

I think it would have been a more fair game if I knew the Vampire Counts army and didn't have to clarify rules with the Masters every few minutes (Jeff, Gerrit, Savant and Tyler). Sam and I fudged a few rules in Isaac's favor, but the WoCs still WoCked it. Nonetheless, I saw the potential of the VCs. Being able to potentially spawn new units every turn is kinda sweet. And the whole no running away thingie is sweet too.

I discovered I like playing WoCs cuz combat is my favorite part of Fantasy. I had no magic and a measly two dispel dice. "No magic, not shooting. Combat."

Next I think I'll try Doowarfs with store models -- or even my Skull Pass dudes. Or a toned-down Daemons force. Isaac is in love with the Counts. So I imagine he'll keep trying them out. Personally, I think he'd be happier with a more compact, tougher overall force (D-to-the-warfs).

Still the Counts rock. D3 plus six (I think) new zombies per turn. "Let me count, von, two, three, four, five, six, seven!" Pretty sweet stuff for a bunch of puss-filled evil grodiness.

No comments: