Friday, May 22, 2009

A Tale of Four Gamers Part Uno: Welcome to My Fantasy (Battle)


Jeff, Garrit and Jake over at adultswimbunker.blogspot.com have been chatting up the idea of doing "A Tale of Four Gamers." Basically, each week a you gotta assemble and paint 250 points of minis and battle each other, building up an army along the way.. They are not that into 40k so I'm thinking the game will be War of the Rings or Warhammer Fantasy. I'm contemplating my army pick for the challenge (assuming they haven't already found a fourth person).

For Fantasy, I'm thinking Warriors of Chaos. They are an elite army which means fewer minis to paint per week. They also look fun and fast to paint. I've heard that they are a pretty strong army, too. I'm not sure if they are broken (as Daemons of Chaos are rumored to be). But they are supposedly Brettonian-esque in their simplicity.

Since I'm positively Darwinian (in the worst sense) when it comes to Warhammer Fantasy, I need all the edge I can get. But mostly (as is my sometimes downfall when it comes to picking armies) I love the Warriors of Chaos minis. So Jeff, Garrit and Jake, stop me before I go too far!

Meanwhile, I'm thinking I'll pick up the WoC army book at the GW Battle Bunker tonight. Then I'll curl up in a ball and read it over. Since I'm no good at analyzing things numerically like the Uber Geniuses at ASB, I'll probably go over the idea with them before plunging into model purchases. Either way, having another army book can't hurt -- can it?

No comments: