Thursday, May 28, 2009

750 pts = lots of Goblins


Jeff's writing on the ASB blog, along with a comment from my ol' friend Angus Mountour on Facebook, have inspired me to think about absolute mobs and mobs of Orcs and Goblins. Even though I have something in the realm of 160-180 models in my 2250 army, it seems I need more.

Jeff's theory: O&G lose first round of combat and stick in after that, winning subsequent rounds. In other words, BIG HUGE BLOCKS OF GREENSKINS.

It also inspired me to think about pumping up a O&G army for the 750-point Fantasy Doubles tournament at the Seattle Battle Bunker in July. This might seem insane, but I can have an army with 128 models, seven casting dice and 5 dispel dice for 750 points. JAYZUS!

40 x Night Goblins 120 pts
40 x Night Goblins 120 pts
40 x Night Goblins 120 pts
6 x Goblin Wolf Riders 72 pts
Goblin Great Shaman lvl 3 (General) 155 pts
Night Goblin Shaman lvl 2 85 pts
Goblin Big Boss w/BSB on wolf 72 pts (the mounted boss w/BSB 100% Jeff-Os brain child).

Ridonkulous!

I feel an O&G quake a-comin'.

Oh -- I think I know a way to overcome animosity. Just send 'em all straight forward!! Some will be slow, some will be fast. Who cares? Ferget about all dat fancy tactics stuff! Just have lots of 'em.

My goal would be to murdelize Bretonians with O&G. *sniff* It makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Can't have the level 3 shaman though, because he is a lord choice. Only get a lord choice at 2000+ pts.

Sorry, I'm always coming in here and blowing up your ideas.

Reynor said...

Eh it's okay. I think I missed the warning in Army Builder.