Friday, May 29, 2009

Goblins win! Wait. Huh?


ASB Founder Jeff and I had a fun, fast, friendly game tonight down at the Bunker. I think we only used the tape measure twice :P

I used my 750-point Gobs of Goblins list from a few posts back. It performed well -- out combat rezzing Jeff's Lizardmen in some key skuffles. My Gobbos won the day when Jeff's core unit - Skinks mixed with Jungle Swarms (which counted as Sauruses) failed a leadership test (a total fluke -- they are cold-blooded), fled, and my Gobs caught them. Shortly thereafter, Jeff conceded.

The main thing about tonight wasn't winning or losing. It was the fun. Jeff's a fun guy to play with and an excellent coach (I'm still learning the rules). It was also fun to play a 750-pt game with 130 goblins. People watched and said "That's a lot of goblins." Jimmy the Savant asked how many Gobs I had and when I told him, he said "I have so much respect for you right now." That was the highlight of the night. (I may be more than twice his age, but I have tremendous respect for Jimmy's gaming skillz).

Jeff had a lot of good suggestions for me after the game. Overall a very fun night and I learned a lot.

I am really happy that ASB is planning a 750 point Doubles Tournament for July. Between that and the Combat Patrol 40k tournament, the club has helped me to be more excited about GW games AND given me some key experience playing the games.

Better still, ASB Founder Jeff has helped me remember that fun is the reason we play. It's not about PWNing (kitties are still allowed to PWN however).

No comments: