Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Black Orc Revival

I love Orcs n' Goblins and have a lot of them, especially considering I just started playing fantasy in the last few months.

The only problem is this thing called animosity. You see about a third of the time my greenskins don't do what I want. I think I've found a way to fix that:

Block 1
Grimgor Ironhide
Black Orc Big Boss w/BSB
Black Orcs x 22

Block 2
Orc Shaman, Lvl 2, w/dispell scroll
Black Orcs x 23 w/musician

Block 3
Orc Shaman, Lvl 2, w/dispell scroll
Black Orcs x 23 w/musician

Block 4
Black Orcs x 4 w/musician

Block 5
Snotlings x2

Block 6
Snotlings x2

Block 7
Snotlings x2

And
Goblin Doom Diver catapult

I've also toyed with the idea of a giant instead of the Doom Diver or simply more snotlings to slow the enemy down until my boyz can beat the snot of them (get it?)

Of course I may as well play Warriors of Chaos if I'm gonna throw down like this.

Or at least try Jeff and Gerrit's Savage Orc list they cooked up for me a few months ago.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think snotlings count towards your core limit, ie: you can't use them to fufill your core minimums.

You could just take a couple super cheap blocks of goblins/night goblins who serve no other purpose than to fufill core mins and hold a table quarter. Then go crazy on Black Orks. Its not a terrible idea.

Idea #2 would be taking regular boyz blocks and putting a black ork hero in each unit. Not sure which is the cheaper option, point-wise. I'll look into it here soon and we'll chat about it.

Reynor said...

Oh yer right snotlings don't count toward the minimum core troops you have to take. That's what I get from using Army Builder instead of reading my book.